Early childhood teachers are fully qualified professionals who can guide, support, nurture and recognise key skills and abilities so that children are prepared for school and the life ahead of them.
Children in their first five years learn at a faster rate than at any other time during their lives and they learn the most from their interactions with the people caring for them.
Early childhood teachers design programs with children and their parents so that children develop their skills and abilities in:
- Writing, reading and counting – so they feel ready for school
- Social interactions and empathy – so they can make friends and get along in a group
- Physical and spatial tasks – so they can learn to balance well and coordinate when they run, climb or hold a pencil
- Problem solving – so they can learn to come up with solutions and ask good questions
- Creativity – so that they can express their emotions through watercolour painting or craft